Dubai is one of the places most visited by tourists in the world. It is a sprawling, rapidly growing, and highly modern city full to the brim with just the kind of adventure, sightseeing, and relaxation opportunities that vacationers crave. However, because it is such a huge and relatively new city, it sometimes hard to discover or decide which places are the best to visit during a short stay. Here is a list of ten places in Dubai that you absolutely cannot miss.
- The Burj Khalifa. This one hundred and sixty story skyscraper is the highest building in the world, with an altitude of around half a mile. Not only can you view this architectural masterpiece from outside, you can also visit the observation deck for a gorgeous–if a little frightening–view that you will never forget.
- Dubai Aquarium. Dubai’s aquarium, located within the famous Dubai Mall, is home to over one hundred different species of sea creatures, including a wide variety of fish and sharks. Walk through the aquarium tunnels or sail over the tank in a glass bottomed boat for spectacular up close encounters with wildlife.
- Jumeirah Beach. This is the most visited beach in Dubai and one of the best places for a relaxing day on the water that you can find in the area. Along the beach, you can find numerous high class hotels, restaurants, and chances at water-skiing and jet skiing.
- Alserkal Art District. While Dubai is usually thought of as a center of business and trade, they also have a foot in the art game. The Alserkal Art District, located in what used to be the industrial district of the city, is home to numerous well established and newly started contemporary art galleries that are sure to please any art lover.
- Aquaventure Waterpark. Dubai, located in the coastal desert of the Arabian Peninsula, can get hot sometimes. Luckily, the Aquaventure Waterpark is the perfect place to relax and cool off after some time in the hot sun. The waterpark is located on the famous Palm, an artificial island built off the coast of the city, and is home to the world’s longest waterslide, as well as numerous other rides and an array of underwater adventures.
- Dubai Opera. The Dubai Opera–more than just a feat of architecture and design–is a classy place to visit at night, and one of the town’s hottest centers of entertainment.
- Dubai Mall. For those of us who love to shop, the Dubai Mall is the place to be. Aside from an enormous array of stores and shops to visit, it is home to a skating rink, a gaming center, and a theatre. What’s more, it is also home to a wide variety of eating options, ranging from economical to elegant, and is the home of several public events and festivals.
Hoping to travel to — or even live in — the amazing city of Dubai? WeHoteliers is a must-see resource that can help guide you through the dynamic hotel industry of this world-class city.