If you are looking to start or change your career, you may be having a hard time finding the industry that is right for you. Even if you have loads of work experience in multiple fields, and are qualified to enter any type of work, the odds are that many of them strike you as unappealing, rigid, or difficult to get ahead in. Luckily for you, one industry with appeal across the spectrum of age, work experience, and personality type also happens to be growing and hiring as we speak. If you like fun and interesting work environments, chock full of opportunity, hotel work may be the right thing for you. Here are some of the best reasons to get in on the hotel industry today.
- Room for growth and development. This is crucial for some people. Few of us want to be stuck in a dead-end job with few prospects for bettering ourselves personally or advancing our professional careers. However, the majority of industries simply lack flexibility. That means that if you enter at a lower or middle level job position, you are likely to stay there. In hotel work on the other hand, this is simply not the case. Even starting out as a receptionist or in a similarly beginner-level job yields opportunities for promotions and chances to get creative whenever you are willing to show initiative.
- Interesting work. Working in a hotel means the opportunity to meet interesting people and world travelers on a regular basis. Furthermore, the clients are–at least more often than in most other industries–likely to be friendly and relaxed, seeing as many of them will be on vacation or traveling for pleasure.
- Tips. This is one of the biggest attractions of working in the hotel industry. Receiving tips means the opportunity to make big bucks for anyone with the natural ability or the drive to work hard and keep the client happy. While this may not apply to managerial or administrative positions, it typically does apply to the lowest-level jobs, offering incentive to jump in and get started.
- Opportunities for travel (and other employee perks). Another great thing about hotel work is the potential benefits. Many hotels offer substantial discounts to their employees when they travel and visit other locations. This means cheaper travel and a chance to break from routine a little more often, leaving you calmer, happier, and more in touch with the rest of the world.
- Variable hours. Seeing as hotels naturally stay open 24/7, you will likely have a wide variety of optionVariable hours.your hours. Whether you naturally work best in the morning, the afternoon, or the middle of the night, you’ll be able to find the option that works best for you.
- Friendly coworkers and atmosphere. Considering the fact that the hotel industry is built on hospitality and friendliness, most of your coworkers will likely be fun, vibrant, interesting people driven to make the most of professional relationships.
Want to learn more about finding work in the exciting and dynamic hospitality industry? Visit We Hoteliers online and get started pursuing the career of your dreams!